The Beautiful Story of Building of the Tabernacle
EXODUS CHAPTER 25, verses 1 thru 22
(1) And the Lord spoke unto Moses, saying: …..(2) Speak unto the Children of Israel, that they bring Me an Offering of every man who gives it willingly with his heart you shall take My Offering.
COMMENTARY: ….It took but two Chapters to portray the record of God’s Work in creating this Earth,and fitting it for human habitation. God needs no one or anything from man, but he loved his people so much that He allowed his people to participate in his work, by revelation he gave Moses the instructions, design for the Tabernacle where God could dwell with His people. By comparison, it required 12 Chapters to talk about the Tabernacle. Everything about the tabernacle pointed to Christ, and was a type of Christ in some way.
OFFERING:….The Lord had supplied all of these riches to the Children of Israel, who had been slaves up until a few days before. So, everything they had was given to them by the Lord; therefore, what He was asking of them was that which He had so freely given to them in the first place. it is the same for us today.
(3) And this is the Offering which you shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass,….(4) and blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen,and goats’ hair,….(5) and rams’ skins dyed red, and badgers’ skins, and shittim wood,…..(6) Oil for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense,….(7) Onyx stone, and stones to be set in the Ephod, and in the breastplate………(8) And let them make Me a Sanctuary: that I may dwell among them.
COMMENTARY:………The Lord could have brought about these Offerings Himself but His method is that we give to His work so he may bless us; …A moment of reflection on this, as we today must be aware of the same mind-set, we give unto for HIS works in our church, through our Preachers, Teachers, Evangelist, Prophets, & Apostle, that we may grow in the knowledge of HIS ways while acknowledging the every day blessings we receive as Believers in Christ Jesus.
Many theologians believe through scripture that ….. The Ark of Noah, The Tabernacle of Moses, and The Temple of Solomon, are the only buildings erected from plans furnished by God.
God longs to dwell with us, and that He now does, all made possible by the Cross. But in the time of Moses, God could not dwell in hearts and lives of man do to the sin of man, so He dwels on the mercy seat and between the cherubims in the Holy of Holies. one could say that the Veil between the Holy and Holy of Holies could symbolize the separation of God and man, do to the sin of man. Now on the day of Atonement the High Priest would prepare a offering for himself and then for the people according to the Law this was done once a year. Now today, we can boldly go to the Mercy where Christ sits & the Throne of God, worshiping, petitioning , and Giving Thanks for our blessings through the Blood of Christ.
God continues to Give Direction as the components for the construction of the Tabernacle:
COMMENTARY:…. The pattern was all of God and not at all of man. Salvation is the same! We must not deviate from the blueprint, of which both are identical.
(9) According to all that I show you, after the pattern of the Tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall you make it……(10) And they shall make an Ark of Shittin wood, two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof (3 feet and 9 inches ) and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof (2 feet and 3 inches ) and a cubit and a half the height thereof. (2 feet and 3 inches )……(11) And you shall overlay it with Pure Gold within and without shall you overlay it ( a type of the Deity of Christ ) and shall make upon it a Crown of Gold round about. (represents the status of our Lord as King)…….(12) And you shall cast four rings of gold for it; and put them in the four corner thereof and two rings shall be in the one side of it and two rings in the other side of it…….
COMMENTARY:…..Wherever we are led to go, north, south, east, or west, He will be with us, if we are in His Will, He will be with us, just as much one place as the other.
(13) And you shall make staves of Shittin wood (once again portraying the Perfect Humanity of CHRIST) and overlay them with Gold. (portraying His Deity, while Jesus is very Man, He is also very God……(14) And you shall put the staves into the ring by the side of the ark that the ark may be borne with them. (the assurance of the perpetual presence of Christ)…..(15) The staves shall be in the rings of the Ark : they shall not be taken from it.
COMMENTARY:….This would be the case until Solomon’s Temple when the Priests would bring the Ark of theCovenant into the House of the Lord, place it under the giant Cherubin, and then would draw out the staves(1Kings.8:6-8 ) Staves were to be inserted in the ring for the Ark to be moved,which it was occasionally, at least until the Temple was built about 500 years later. It is important that we even today remember wherever we are led to go, north, south, east, or west, He will be with us; If we are in His Will, He will be with us, just as much one place as the other.
(16) And you shall put into the Ark the Testimony which I shall give you.(The two tables of stone, containing the ten Commandments)…….(17) And you shall make a Mercy Seat of Pure Gold.
COMMENTARY:……The Mercy Seat formed the covering for the Ark; on it was sprinkled the Atoning Blood which the High Priest did once a year, on the Great Day ofAtonement; it was of this that now represents that when Christ came and ascending into heaven; He Christ seats on the Mercy, therefore, we can go boldly to the throne of God with our gifts praises and requests. Blood-sprinkled Mercy Seat that God spoke when He said: There will I meet with you; was the only meeting place between God and the sinner; here, Righteousness and Peace kissed each other; it was all gold, signifying the Deity of Christ , Christ is the Mercy Seat ) two cubits and a half shall be the length there of (3 feet and 9 inches) and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof (2 feet and 3 inches ).
(18) And you shall make two Cherubims of gold, of beaten work shall you make them, in the two ends of the Mercy Seat.
COMMENTARY:…….The Cherubims pertained to God’s Judicial authority; they seemed to be the highest among the Angelic order. They were not attached to the ends of the Mercy Seat, the Mercy Seat and the two Cherubims were all one piece of gold. The two Cherubims looked down on the Mercy Seat.
(19) And make one Cherub on the one end, and the other Cherub on the other end; even of the Mercy Seat shall you make the Cherubims on the two ends thereof.
(20) And the Cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the Mercy Seat with their wings, ( stretched above their heads, and pointing forward, with the four wings meeting each other in the middle) and their faces shall look one to another; toward the Mercy Seat shall the faces of the Cherubims be. ( They looked down upon the blood which was applied to the Mercy Seat once a year, on the Great Day of Atonement.)
(21) And you shall put the Mercy Seat above upon the Ark; and in the Ark you shall put the Testimony ( Ten Commandments ) that I shall give you.
(22) And there I will meet with you, and I will commune with you from above the Mercy Seat, from between the two Cherubims which are upon the Ark of the Testimony, of all things which I will give you in Commandment unto the Children of Israel
COMMENTARY:….It is only above the Blood-stained Mercy Seat that God will meet with sinful human beings, because that’s the only place that He can meet with sinful human beings, and not malign His Righteousness and Holiness.